A Prayer

Psalm 51:17 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

Dear Lord, I love you
I love the way you are
I love the way your Spirit loves people
pursuing them
winning their hearts
all of this so that you can pour out more of your love on them

Forgive me Lord
for being so weird
and so wrong, so often
it is a great wrong to blind people's eyes to Jesus
by making him seem different than he is
I've never intended to do that
but so much of me gets in the way

And now Lord you're boiling it all down
to something so simple
"to notice people who need to be loved" and love them
that's what you do
and because we are yours
that's what we must do

Doing this, it seems to me
will be hard sometimes
so I'm asking you to fill my heart
with your love
and to give me your eyes of love
to see through

I thank you for the loveliness of this morning. Snowflakes drifted gently to the ground and the world looked as though it belonged in a Christmas globe where the "snow" drifts down and slowly covers everything.

The sky was pearl gray clouded and in the middle, in the south-east, above the stand of maple trees on the hill, the clouds parted, mother-of-pearl edged, around the pale, wintry sun.

Everything you do is beautiful and it is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family