He Restores My soul

Psalm 23:3 (New International Version)

3 he restores my soul...

We met up in the hallway outside my office door, the three of us. They had emerged from a two hour meeting elsewhere in the building and I had been working alone at a part of my job I find challenging. We were spent!

I'd started the day bright and chipper. "Happy Wednesday!"--I had saluted my team in an early morning email. But as the day wore on, as I focused on paper and spreadsheets and lines and columns of figures, my eyes began to tire and I felt as if sawdust had blown into them. The muscles in my back tightened and it felt weary but I forced myself to persevere, determined to do as much as I could before leaving. I love working with people, but examining the intricate details of nineteen separate budgets is a necessary task, not my passion.

When my two colleagues met up outside my door, I emerged to greet them and we all as one decided to call it a day--we almost needed to prop one another up for support! Then someone glanced up at the window and said, "Oh look at that!" Through the slats of the window blinds a brilliant glow was visible--the sun was setting in a sky awash with deep raspberry glory.

Like schoolchildren at recess we ran outside, I grabbing my camera as I ran. Envigoratingly cool fresh air met us, caressing our faces and soothing away the tiredness in an instant. Suddenly we were re-energized; tomorrow is another day.

I gathered my bags and coat and locked the office door behind me. I looked up into the sky that was blushing deeply still, faced toward home and thanked God that he is the One that specializes in restoring our souls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family