Why Twice Born?

John 3:3 (New International Version)
3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Sometimes my mind takes me in strange directions and recently I was thinking about the point at which we come into existence within the span of time. Peter, our son, existed for just over two years before our daughter Brenda was born and it is hard to imagine her not being part of our lives back then. She does though know about our lives before she came along, from photographs and what we've told her.

It's the same with history. We know about it two ways; we know about the part we experienced because we were there, and we know what others tell us or what we read, about the part we didn't experience personally.

There is a spiritual parallel. We are born once into the world and at some point we will know about God through what we read, or what someone tells us. We can even study theology and know all about him; however, being in relationship with him--experiencing him for ourselves, is as different to knowing about him as Brenda's knowledge of our life before she was born is from what she has experienced since.

That is why the point at which we enter into that relationship, is called a second birth--we are born spiritually into the Kingdom of God and begin to experience life and relationship with him. If someone happens to be reading this and hasn't been reborn spiritually yet--I hope this is the moment that you will step from the realm of knowledge to the realm of experience. And if that happens, let me know. I would love to be praying for you.

John 4:24 (New International Version)
24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Bel- Sometimes your mind takes me in strange directions, too. Poppy
Richard Bowers said…
Dear Belinda,
I believe that one of the greatest lies that Satan ever foisted on humanity was this idea that you can substitute your own goodness for the second birth. You ask someone how to get in God's good graces and I will 100% guarantee you that they will give you a wrong answer. 'Just be a good person', 'Do nice things' or even 'Attend church regularly'. It is trusting in the shed blood of Jesus Christ ALONE is how one is saved from sin's condemnation. Look, Christianity is not difficult! Why then do people so easily fall for these pathetic lies? Appeals to the flesh is what these lies are. Indeed, we MUST be born again if we are to play any part in the coming Kingdom of God.
Leann said…
I agee with Johnny and you.I was 19 when I was born again.I had run into two people by way of my father in laws healing.the people had invited me to a sing along.and I seen they had some thing I did not!!!it was this peace.well I didnt know if it was just a act or what so I waited.well when my father in law was healed of a bad back problem I knew it was true and Jesus was real.well they told me point blank I needed Jesus in my life.and two weeks later in my own bedroom I asked Jesus into my heart.and He came in like a migthy rushing wind or ocean wave and washed me clean form top to bottom.I opened my mouth to thank Him and could not speak a word of english.it scared me.so the next day I asked the Lady who told me about Jesus and she said O you recieved your prayer laugage,or the baptism of the Holy Spirit.I didnt even know what it was tell she told me.thank God he gave it to me when he did cause I may not have been able to recieve other wise.it has been a great blessing to me ever since.one by one all my family have recieved Jesus from the young to the old in my family.Jesus is so faithful.it says in His word "believe in the name of the Lord Jesus christ and you will be saved and your house hold,"I add loved ones and that covers the whole world."its a promise so if you have unsaved loved ones take your bible and show that word to him for them.God bless you.
Belinda said…
Thanks Leann. What a blessing to hear how God has touched your life!

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family