Compelling Revelations

Liar, madman or Messiah--these are the choices when we contemplate who Jesus is.

So many can accept him as a good man, a great teacher and rabbi, but not as the Son of God. These are not choices available when we consider what he said about himself.

The testimony of Jesus about himself:

John 9:35b-37 (New International Version)
35...when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"36"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."37Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

John 4:25-26 (New International Version)
25The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."26Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."

John 11:25 (New International Version)
25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

I can't imagine what it was like to be in his presence as he revealed himself ---Son of Man, Son of God--Messiah. He left no doubt as to who he claimed to be.The question is--who is he to us? Is he a good luck charm--historical figure--an invisible friend--or is he our Saviour and Lord--to whom we surrender all of our "rights" out of love and gratitude for his love for us?"

He is my Lord, Saviour, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father--Prince of Peace--and I worship him with all of my heart and soul.

Comments

Brenda B said…
I confess that I too know Jesus Christ as the Son of God. Not just as a good person or intelligent speaker or charismatic engager of people. I know Him as my Savior. The One who died so that I might live. I am forever thankful and no words could express my gratitude except if God put them there. Even as I think of His sacrifice my mind cannot comprehend what it was for Jesus to endure the cross. This is when my heart takes over and I simply accept what my mind cannot comprehend. Thank you Jesus for all that You mean to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family