Heart-Strong not Head-Strong

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (New International Version)
4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Dear Lord, I open my heart and soul to you.
Please give me a pure heart.
Please cleanse my heart of the pollution of selfish motives.
Help me to simply "be" in the world--your child--available to you today--to use for your purposes.
Help me to be free of the "yeast" of self interest--and be interested only in serving others as you served us.

Lady Earth bared her nut brown shoulder in the late afternoon, over which was flung a mantle of mossy green velvet--her dress for this evening. Above, Sister Sky wore stormy gray and silver swirled chiffon.

The world is bright, intense in its new life and vivid spring colours, while my heart in contrast, is mellow, at peace--and I am as much in wonder at the newness of life within as without!

Today God gave me a graphic picture of my heart as it was, before this latest journey of discovery and growth began. In front of my heart I saw a small, busy person, arms raised, as if protecting a goal--playing defence. As I related with people, I realize that this little being was always working hard, catching balls and throwing them back. That person is gone.

I look around and I am in the same world as before, with the same people in my life, but something has changed, and that change is causing other changes, like a ripple in a pond. The world feels new and different--exciting. I'm learning a new language and new manners for this new world.

A surprise--the new "me" (I hope there's a new "me") is resulting in new "others." If one person in a relationship, changes the dance, their partners change too--I hadn't expected that, but I notice it--and I love the changes.

I see how headstrong I've been in the past. I want to be heart-strong.

2 Corinthians 10:17-18 (New International Version)
17But, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."18 For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family