Tag

It's been a busy week so far and a tiring day and I was praying about what to write when I checked out my friend Dave's blog. He laid down an invitation to play blog tag. I hope you won't mind if I do that tonight--and you may find out something you didn't know! I copied the paragraph below from Dave's blog at http://www.davehingsburger.blogspot.com/

These are the rules.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

Like Dave, I am not going to send this to eight people like we're supposed to, but I'd love you to play if you'd like to. Just leave your blog address on http://www.whateverhesays.blogspot.com/ and we will come and visit you.

So, here are my 8 random facts.

1. I feel very socially awkward in a crowd. I always feel as if everyone else is engaging in conversation with the greatest of ease. "How do they do that?" I think, "they make it look so easy!"

2. I grocery shop for the person I want to be--but eat for the person I am. This explains why I have healthy food growing furry stuff in my fridge, while late at night I am raiding the box of miniature candy bars I bought for our grandchildren and sitting on the couch surrounded by candy wrappers--yes, really!

3. I have about 8 nick-names. At a certain point in friendship it seems that an affectionate name is called for.

4. I love entering the world of children. I understand why they treasure interesting stones and feathers and birds nests; I have treasure boxes with these things in them too. I enjoy getting them out and opening them up with children, hearing them exclaim over things that the grown up world would consider useless--but we know--it's treasure!

5. My favourite time of day is twilight. I love the way the world seems suspended between day and night, and the light has a magical quality. It feels as if anything might happen--a fairy might pop out from underneath a flower, for instance.

6. My favourite weather is--fog! Yes, well, I'm from England you know. It muffles sound and there is such a feeling of mystery and timelessness. I grew up in an ancient village and the houses that loomed out of the fog had stood for hundreds of years. My imagination was in overdrive on foggy days.

7. One of my most embarrassing moments was burping (well really "belching" describes it better) loudly, just when Paul and I were about to lock lips one time when we were dating. He stuck with me for some reason.

8. My greatest treasure in life is relationships--with God first and foremost--and then with family and friends. And that includes you--dear readers--thanks for indulging me tonight!

Comments

I loved point 2 and understand exactly the impulse. And yes, you guessed it ... you make the best sugar free pie in Christendom.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family