God's Secrets.

Proverbs 1:23 (NIV)
23 If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.

When I read this verse this morning, it stopped me in my tracks. I’ve read the book of Proverbs how many times? I don’t ever remember reading those words before.

“I would have poured out my heart to you, and made my thoughts known to you”?

Imagine. God, pouring his heart out. And making his thoughts known -- to me. God, telling me his secrets.

I don’t have to be perfect. I just have to be willing to listen to him when he is trying to get my attention - to respond when he lets me know I’ve gone off-track, missed the mark again. I just have to be humble enough to give in to him when he tries to herd me back into the fold. To embrace his rod of correction when it comes. How hard can that be?

I wonder how many times I’ve missed this opportunity to know God’s heart, to understand his thoughts . I wonder how often I’ve been too proud or willful to hear his voice, to heed his rebuke.

Oh, God, help me to have a heart that responds when you’re trying to get my attention! The cost - an intimate relationship with you – to know your thoughts, to have you pour your heart out to me – is far too high. Lord let my response always be one of humility. I want to know you! I want to hear your voice!

The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. Psalm 25:14 (NIV)

Comments

Leann said…
I remember days when I was having a busy or just plan hard day.
Id run around like a chicken with my head cut off.
and never even think to ask for the Lords help.
and at the end of that endless day Id crawl off to bed just wishing for sleep.
but Id hear his voice and Id feel comfort knowing even if I was so busy I forgot him,he didnt forget me.
Id talk to him untill I fell asleep and his love would wash over me as I asked him to forgive me for not spending time with him.
and Id feel the wash of his forgiveness as i fell asleep.

I have had friends say "I feel so far from God!!!"I say "turn around he is right there behind you!!!he never leaves us, we leave him!!!"

thanks for this post it is always good to know that God is interested in talking to us.and he does if we will only be still and know that "He" is GOD!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
great post keep it up...

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family