More on the Stair Story!

So many people enjoyed Ellen's response to my post on the colours that bled on my schedule, that I asked her if I could share this email too, which was a blessing to me. Thanks Ellen for saying I could share! Belinda

Thanks Belinda,
Your blog again resounded in my heart. I, too am in the fires of being a stair for my family.

Sometimes I yield and willingly do all that is required of me with a cheerful, grateful heart. And other times I buck and lash out and resentfully put forth minimal effort.

It's funny though, dying to self is one choice at a time, moment by moment. I can choose to love, or not to love, every day. So many opportunities are afforded me. I want to develop habits of "love", of dying to self, of being a stair. It is in dying that we can only truly live. Another of the many paradox's of being a pilgrim on earth - this is not our home. We must keep our eyes fixed on things of Heaven.

Similarily as we love one moment at a time, love is also lost in the same way. Dying to self and loving must become a way of life. We cannot ride on yesterday's, or this morning's victory. Victory has to be ongoing or our success is meaningless.

So, together with you, and with our fellow pilgrims, " as those who have been chosen of God, holy beloved, we put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness,and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you so also should you. And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity." Colossians 3: 12-14.

May we inspire one another as we chose to love, to die to self, to be a stair - one choice at a time, moment by moment.Because He Lives, Ellen Fox

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yhank Ellen for that reminder.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family