Lord I Want to See

Luke 18:41 (New International Version)

41"What do you want me to do for you?"

"Lord, I want to see," he replied.

Brilliant rays of morning sunshine streamed through my kitchen window. The light, reflected from white, snow-desert fields, was so dazzling that I reluctantly pulled down the shade at the window while I worked at my kitchen sink, chopping vegetables.

In the afternoon, going home after shopping, I headed west into the still blazing, sinking sun. The blinding light was inescapable, even with visor down and sunglasses on.

To the south, a pale robin's-egg blue sky was faintly tinged with pink. I glanced in my rear-view mirror and saw turrets and walls of shining pink light behind me in the distance. If I hadn't known that I was looking back at plain old factory buildings transformed by the sun, I would have thought it was a beautiful mirage.

God has given me the gift of seeing beauty all around me, but I echo the words of the blind man, speaking to Jesus, "Lord I want to see..."

  • "Wonderful things in his law" Psalm 119:18
  • Truth
  • People as God sees them
  • What is truly important and what is a waste of time and life
  • Situations as God sees them, not clouded by my filters of prejudice or bias

Yes Lord, I want to see!

For I would see the beauty of my Lord,

And hear him speak, who is my heart's Adored

Amy Carmichael

Comments

Blessed With 4 said…
Lovely post. I want to see also :)
Have a blessed day.
BJ
Blessed With 4 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family