In Your Father's Hands




This is a photo of our newest little grandson, William Patrick Douglas Stewart. He had a bit of a rough start. His mom laboured long and hard, but when it was evident he was going into distress, he was finally delivered by emergency c-section. I caught this photo of him through the nursery glass with his father's wedding-ringed hand reaching out to touch him.

Only a few hours old, little William was having trouble breathing, so they sent a team up from Sick Kids to assess him and decide whether he should be transferred to another hospital. Just now I got a text message from Andrew that reads simply...

"We need you to take care of Heather. I'm going to Southlake with William."

I texted back, "I'm on my way."

So little William is to be separated from his mom already, who loves him more than life. How hard that must be for her. But his father will be with him and that will be some comfort to her, I know.
As we four grandparents peeped through that nursery window this evening, my eyes weren't on the baby. I was watching my son, gazing at his son. It was a precious moment. A moment I will remember as long as I live.

God speed, little William. You are in your father's hands, and in your Father's hands. There's no safer place in the world to be...

Comments

Belinda said…
Our prayers are with William and his mom and dad, Heather and Andrew.

Congratulations on the birth of this precious child--the 10th grandchild and first Stewart grandson.
Susan, with the time zone, I'll be sure to catch God while having his first cup of coffee ... prayer's on on the way.
Susan said…
It's wonderful to know that William is covered in prayer from both sides of the ocean!
Deidra said…
I am praying for you all - with a full heart.
Marilyn said…
Praying!
Angcat said…
We're praying too. Give Heather a hug for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Movies

Ere Zij God--Glory to God in the Highest! A Dutch Carol

Samson Beaver and his Family